dinsdag 15 september 2015

Hello Everybody!

Welcome to my 'Peanuts in the USA' blog. My name is Ilse and I will keep posting blogs on this website for the coming 20 weeks.

I'm currently a second year student at  HAS university of applied sciences and I'm studying International Food and Agribusiness in the Netherlands.

How Peanuts Grow
The picture you see above is a peanut plant. The reason why I like this plant so much is because unlike most plants, the peanut plant flowers above the ground, but fruits below the ground. This makes the plant special and very interesting. I'll tell you more about the plant in my following blogs.

For now, some numbers to give you some fun information:

- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 350 gram jar of peanut butter

- The average peanut farm is 100 acres

- The current top three producers of peanuts are China, India and the U.S.

- Peanuts, along with beans and peas, belong to the single plant family, Leguminosae.
  As a group, they provide the best source of concentrated protein in the plant kingdom.

Thank you for reading, see you next blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten